Sunday 9 June 2013

Royal Princess and a couple of friends

Royal Princess was due to depart on a short cruise to Guernsey this evening and, as she was due to depart at 1700, I decided to go to Cowes and see her depart along with Queen Elizabeth and Silver Cloud. Oriana was also due to depart at 1800 but was a bit delayed so I decided not to wait for her.

The car carrier Grande Italia also left, just before the cruise ships



Queen Elizabeth was first of the cruise ships




Followed by the new kid








And the little Silver Cloud, which was a total minnow compared to the previous two




Rather than wait for Oriana, I headed for home. My mum is still in intensive care, in a coma, and although she's stable, the outlook is still not good. I think that, at times of crisis, having a hobby, an outlet, is essential and I feel sorry for anyone without a hobby.

I emailed Dave Smith, the membership secretary of the Thames Ship Society, whose details are on their website asking if my booking for the trip yesterday could be transferred to the August Solent cruise. Dave passed on my query to Ray Smith, the outgoing treasurer, who confirmed that this wasn't a problem and would send the ticket in the post. Many thanks to Dave and Ray. :)