Thursday 6 June 2013

Photos, etc.

I am currently out of work, having been made redundant last October, and am having no luck whatsoever finding anything new, apart from a bit of meagre temping here and there. Therefore, in an attempt to make a bit on the side, I am hoping to sell a few of my photos and, if anyone wants to buy them for personal use, please contact me at info@ship-photo.com. For commercial use then the going rates for freelance photos apply but these are negotiable (again, email me).

This has not just been prompted by my annoyance at the lack of any work but also my annoyance at a well-known, reasonably-sized Southampton-based transport company who contacted me for the use of one of my photos recently but then baulked at actually paying the going rate. Sorry, but while private individuals are one thing, companies, particularly one which can well afford to pay photographers' rates, are quite another.

I suppose that, if it weren't for an employment agency getting arsey with me for refusing to pay for safety shoes for one day's - yes, one day's - work and my mother being seriously ill in intensive care in hospital and things not looking good, then I wouldn't be as annoyed as I am.

By the way, if anyone needs a reliable and conscientious person for some office admin work - full or part time - then here I am.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto happier things, the new cruise ship Royal Princess is coming in tomorrow (Friday) and I am planning to be in Cowes to photograph her passing Egypt Point. Not only that, the German cruise ship Deutschland is visiting Cowes tomorrow afternoon and I am hoping a couple of friends will be about.

As things stand, Royal Princess is due to pass Cowes (Prince Consort buoy) at around 0955 and due to dock in Southampton at 1130.

On Saturday, there is the Thames Ship Society Solent cruise. As the weather forecast continues to be excellent with plenty of sunshine these should be two great days of photo-taking!