Sunday 9 June 2013

Cruise ships passing Cowes

I decided to pop to Cowes yesterday evening for the cruise ships which were departing from Southampton. They were nothing I'd not seen before but it was nice to get away and take pictures in the sunshine. There were a number of other photographers at Cowes which was nice, although slightly marred by a complete pillock wearing what looked like three-quarter length pyjama trousers and a matching top who made a disparaging remark as he passed by with his girlfriend/wife/bit on the side/whatever and baby in tow. I usually ignore these sorts of idiots who are, fortunately, rare but made an exception for this twat and swore at him.

The ships were MSC Opera, Celebrity Eclipse, Queen May 2 and Ventura although I didn't wait for Ventura as I wanted to get back to the hospital where my mum remains in the ICU.

Having had next to no sleep in the previous 48 hours, the processing of the photos leaves a lot to be desired! Maybe I'll do them again at some point.

MSC Opera was first








Celebrity Eclipse was next










Her Madge was next and, from my point of view, last, although Ventura was right behind her.









Then it was back to the hospital, where Mum remains in a critical condition, and then home.