Saturday 8 June 2013

20 THIRTEEN

I said this on Thursday about Friday and Saturday this week:

"On Saturday, there is the Thames Ship Society Solent cruise. As the weather forecast continues to be excellent with plenty of sunshine these should be two great days of photo-taking!"

But circumstances have had other ideas. Firstly the appalling weather yesterday morning and secondly, and worse, my mum, who is in intensive care, has taken a turn for the worse and the outlook is poor with the doctors not expecting her to recover. Me and the rest of the family are travelling to and from the hospital and have been doing so from the early hours of the morning, so I cancelled my trip to Southampton today, phoned Blue Funnel and asked them to pass a message onto the TSS bod who is the trip organiser. I hope I can get on the August trip or get a refund, although that's the least of my concerns at the moment.

My mum likes a bit of ship-spotting, too, although she doesn't take photos. We aren't particularly close but she did accompany me on a couple of local ship-spotting trips years ago and has always liked ships.

2013 is living up to the 13 part, so far it's been a sod of a year with the deaths of one of our dogs and a family friend and now my mum's illness.