Saturday 23 February 2013

Hyundai Speed and Autostar

I had thought about going over to Southampton this morning, as there were quite a few ships on the move, but I got as far as East Cowes before deciding to settle for photographing Hyundai Speed and Autostar on their way out of and into Southampton respectively. The main reason was the fact that the weather has turned wintry again, reminding us that it is only February and winter is far from finished. The car thermometer read 2°C but, with the wind chill factor, it felt like -2°C and started to snow as I arrived home. Other ships were on their way in but, because of the cold and the fact they'd be another couple of hours, I didn't hang around, instead going home (via the car wash to give my filthy Renault a much needed clean as it looked as if I'd taken it off-road). My finger tips have only just regained any feeling.





















Autostar has stepped right out of the ugly bugs' ball. These have to be the ugliest ships afloat and some of them have the new all-dark blue colour scheme which does them no favours whatsoever.


The ships' details:

Hyundai Speed - Built: 2012, 140979 gt, IMO: 9475698, flag: Liberia

Autostar - Built: 2000, 21010 gt, IMO: 9206786, flag: Portugal