Tuesday 2 July 2013

Unscheduled photo session

I had an unscheduled photo session yesterday, Monday 1st July, because my friend - who is also a friend-of-other-friends - ship photographer Howard Paulman, was over from the States to see friends and ships in England and he came to Cowes for a quick visit this afternoon to photograph Ventura and Queen Elizabeth pass Cowes. I wouldn't have normally bothered with them, as I've seen and photographed them numerous times, but I wanted to meet up with my friend and I can't resist taking photos, so apols for the repetitive nature of this post!

I met Howard at the Red Jet terminal and we went to my favourite photo spot at Queens Road/Egypt Esplanade. It had been another warm but murky day, as has been so often the case lately (better than raining and cold!) so the photos aren't as good as I'd have liked.

Car carrier Virgo Leader, which I saw at Southampton on Sunday, was on her way out.




Ventura was next. I am not a fan of these ships' looks at all. The front ends are hideous and the back ends worse. Didn't stop me taking more photos than necessary of her though!






Then Queen Elizabeth was next




As Queen Elizabeth was leaving, in came NYK Altair. Of the top two photos, I couldn't decide which one to include because I like them both, so I included both.