Monday 29 October 2012

Blasts from the Past

Having a sort out at home, with the idea of possibly moving house, and I found some old photo albums containing my old pre-digital ship photos, so I decided to scan some of them.
They are fairly poor quality prints to begin with and the scans don't make them look any better, but here they are.

Costa Allegra is seen here in Funchal harbour, Madeira, in April 1993. She recently arrived at the scrap yard at Aliaga in Turkey after spending months laid up after a fire.


QE2 and Canberra meet in the Solent during a review in 1994 to mark the 50th anniversary of the D-day landings.



The QE2 and Geestport meet in the Solent, in May 1993




And, going back even further into the past, here is the Canberra returning from the Falklands conflict in 1982. These were my first ever ship photos, I was 12 years old at the time.



I have got hundreds of photos so I expect some more Blasts from the Past will appear on the blog in due course.