Sunday 15 July 2012

Three Queens - video

Here is some video of Queen Elizabeth departing from Southampton on Friday. It's not the best, I admit, as I rarely take video. This was taken on a small Sony video camera and I have left the sounds in as filmed, the noise of Ocean Scene's engines, bleeps from the camera (need to sort that out somehow!) and the chatter of other passengers.





I have also uploaded another, of all three ships. I have added a soundtrack to it, one of the royalty-free soundtracks YouTube offer and this one is Spring, from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I am not a classical music fan at all, metal and rock are my genres of choice, but I think it suits these three ships more than a metal track would! I did find a version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, which would have been amusing if it was any good but it wasn't.



 

Edit - I forgot to mention that I doing a 4-night cruise on Queen Mary 2 in November with my friend Patricia. Patsy texted me on Saturday evening, saying that she was thinking of doing a short Mary cruise and, having no willpower whatsoever, I asked about the prices and invited myself along. I have always wanted to travel aboard a genuine Cunard ocean liner (sorry QE and QV that rules you ladies out, at least for now) and never got the chance to sail aboard Queen Elizabeth 2, something I regret (although I did visit her for a day, back in the early 1990s), so I jumped at the chance of at least spending a few days aboard her grand descendent.