Monday 8 April 2013

Rotterdam pays quick visit to Southampton

Holland America's Rotterdam was paying a flying visit to Southampton today, docking at 0530 and leaving at 1100, so I decided to go to Cowes and photograph her in the Solent; I'd already seen her twice in the last six months but went out basically for something to do now I am 'between jobs' again.
The weather has reverted to grey, cold and depressing, with only the vague hint of our star through thick grey cloud, so the photos aren't the best but here they are anyway.









There were a few people photographing her, people from the local World Ship Society branch. A couple of them I knew when I was a member, but I have not been there for ages, as it had got expensive to join and meetings always seem to clash with other things I am doing.

I didn't use the 32 Gb card and all seems fine. I think it will be ok, even with that card, as long as I remember the card write speed is not that great.